blogger counter
HELLO THERE.





it's not always rainbows and butterflies,
it's compromise that moves us along




TAG!








hello

31 October 2007 | 8:52 AM

Been some time since I update this blog. Hmm.

From time to time, I find myself thinking about Vietnam. But I suppose things are getting better now. Just occasional thoughts of what am I doing at this hour one week ago.

Time check! It’s 12plus Spore time now. Which means 11plus back in Vietnam. Chanh prolly closed the shutter and head for bed – which is the wooden seats at the hostel. Maybe there’s another group of rascals like us, who have nothing better to do and decide to sneak out for a round of supper. Tasting the Sour fish soup that taste so much like hot pineapple dessert and seeing the painful sight of a mum and her baby sleeping on the streets. It’s an eye-opener for us. We have seen and experience things that we didn’t have the chance to in Singapore.

Little kids, maybe a mere three or four years old walking around the streets to pester tourists to buy flowers or chewing gum from them. With the money they collected, they head to the nearest food stall to get a bun. Maybe their first meal since morning, or first meal after days of walking around.

If you’re one who always complains about the transport system in Spore, you ought to go over and have a look at what things are like over there. Few obey the traffic rules. If you’re going to wait for the cars to slow down for you so that you can cross the road, you’ll prolly spend the next few days waiting at the exact spot. I miss the sound of horn that I heard every few seconds, those mask they put on their face and how can I miss out the trishaw riders whom TOK US LIKE A CARROT HEAD!

For the first time in my twenty years on earth, I ate French Cuisine. A suggestion made by Nanny lam. It’s the sort with people playing violin in the background and waiters and waitresses serving you like you’re a king or queen. Though it’s nice and relaxing. I reckon this is so-not-shiqi. We waited 2hours for the whole thing to end and everything is too high class to be true. I’ll prefer a simple dinner in amk or chong pang. Occasionally makansutra near esplanade to ‘act’ high class. But definitely not expensive dinner in French restaurant. We went in to the restaurant, dressed in berms and jersey, something that earned us strange stares from the people and manager there. BUT! Who cares about what others think ya? HAAA

And we were mocked by one of the waiter in a café. The four of us went in and ordered a cup of ice blended. So he asked us in this sarcastic tone ‘4 of you, one ice blended?’ HA. After he left, the three-Js took out all the notes they have – Dong, US Dollars and Sing Dollars. They placed it on the table to show that we’re not poor. HAHAHAHA. A little childish but I thought that’s really funny.

Our daily routine is to visit the night market just outside Ben Thanh Market. The usual bargain begins and we became aunties at the market overnight. You gotta see how Jeremy used his special powers to bargain. And how jerry pretends to faint when the
Salesgirl asked for a high price. Nanny lam is the most chincai of them all. Shopping is prolly not his cup of tea. He’ll laze around while waiting for us to bargain finish. ‘CHEAP-PAR?” became our favourite word during the trip.

Nanny and I drink like nobody’s business over there. The beer is really cheap there. $1.90 for a bottle. Too bad im not a smoker, if not I’ll prolly smoke till my lungs became black overnight since cigarettes are dirt-cheap there.


Cu-Chi tunnel is a must-go if you’re going to Vietnam.
We spent one afternoon there, climbing through the small tunnel. It used to be my nightmare before the trip. Heard from jerry it’s only 80cm wide and 1m in height. Im actually kind of scared that I’ll get stucked inside since im round like a ball. Luckily things aint as bad as what I’ve thought. I enjoyed the tunnel-walk quite a bit but im not exactly sure if the three-Js enjoyed as much as me since they gotta help me to ---. HAHAHAHA. Maybe it’s good that im short, at least I can bend down and walk through the tunnel. They have to walk like a duck throughout the 100m tunnel. HAAA.will upload the pic once I got hold of it. we sweat like water flowing from water tap once we’re out of the tunnel. HAAA.

I tried my very best to think of what happened during the trip. But I guess this brain of mine is getting old. Can’t really remember every event that takes place.

Oh ya. Their ice coffee is really good! Initially, it taste bitter, after subsequent tries, it gets better. XIAN KU HOU TIAN. 
Jerry is prolly heading to Germany next year since he met his love in Vietnam. HAHAHA.


Back to reality. It feels like I’ve been missing from school for a long time. ):
Gotta get down to serious business.

Sigh.
The year is coming to an end. Time and tide waits for no man. So YUP!
Im trying my best to cherish whatever that I have now.



I gotta hope for the best still.

Side track a little.

You know, I’ve always thought that it’s a good thing to welcome the new day with a peck on the lips from my other half. (I don’t mind a passionate kiss of course. HEH!)


Lay the breakfast for him on the table for him and all the little things here and there. Hmm. Some random thoughts for now. Hah. It’s so far away anyway. ): I told jerry about this last night and he said im too drama already.

BUT IM MS-DRAMA-MAMA WHAT!
So im not going to care about what he says. So long as I like it can already. HAHAHAHAHA



-Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer.